Awards and Recognition
➥The number of CSE and Space club schools has grown steadily.
➥SPACE associated students have won admissions to reputed universities in India and internationally, based on their Astronomy experience with SPACE.
➥Interview of SPACE Ludhiana Educator was featured on AIR, Punjab outreach Achievement.
➥All India Asteroid Search Campaign, 2010 – Current.
- ➥CSE students have conducted sessions/observations for NGOs to spread scientific temper
- ➥SPACE has been invited by Colleges & Universities to be part of the INSPIRE Program.
- ➥The 4th annual Solar Eclipse Conference was hosted by SPACE in 2011. This was attended by eminent national and international scientists in the field of Solar Astronomy and Eclipses.
- ➥Conducted in 2004, this 3 phase project to observe the Venus Transit was the 1st instance in science education in India where an unprecedented strength of 25000 students from 250 schools participated from 16 Indian cities. Eclipse Chasing Highlights.
- ➥This international science project has resulted in remarkable achievements including – 20 Provisional confirmed discoveries of Asteroids,
as well as almost 600 Preliminary discoveries. 600 students and amateur astronomers have participated in this campaign
from all over India. The discoverers have been congratulated by eminent VIPs and scientists. 2015 discoverers were recently
invited by ISRO to watch a launch as guests of ISRO. The 1st asteroid discovered in this program in 2010 has now been announced
as a ‘Numbered’ asteroid which will be named. Project Paridhi, 2010 – Current.
➥5000 students and the public from different parts of India have participated. Earth’s circumference has been calculated to up to 99% accuracy. The project has been conducted at landmarks like Jantar Mantar, Qutub Minar, and at the sundial at Barapullah. The project has been credited in an international Report on ‘Astronomy in Public Places’ in February 2013, by French Professors, Prof. Denis Savoie and Prof. Bonnet Bidaud.Project Khoj-Search for Greenwich of India (2004 – 2006).
➥Project Khoj, a multi-phase project by SPACE, involved locating the Indian Standard Timeline which was found to be near Mirzapur (82.5E) by a SPACE led team of a group of teachers and students from across India. Khoj has found mention in the Oxford University Press textbook “Maps, Measurements, and Meaning”.Vamana Project, 2004.
➥SPACE is the first in India to bring eclipses to the masses via the 3 modes – land, sky, and water! The first eclipse flight was launched in 2009 and the first eclipse cruise sailed from Cochi to the Maldives in 2009. The Total Solar Eclipse in 2008 was attended by a public strength of more than 1 lakh! International Solar Eclipse Conference, 2011.